Je vais traduire chaque paragraphe en francais pour que le texte suive les photos...j'espere que c'est pas trop bizarre. Je vais mettre la version francaise en italique....
Wow, it's been a while since my last post. Over the last six months I've been going back and forth with whether or not I still want to keep up this blog. As you've probably guessed by the fact that I'm posting right now, I have decided to stick with it for a while longer. The first order of business, though, is to rename it! In a couple of days I will no longer be 26 (boo!). Suggestions are welcome!
I'm going to try rotating French and English for every paragraph instead of putting all of the French at the end so that the text matches up with the pictures. The French will be in italics so hopefully it's easier to differentiate.
Ca fait longtemps depuis la derniere fois que j'ai ecrit. Pendant les six derniers mois je n'arrivais pas a decider si je voulais encore continuer ce blog, mais j'ai enfin decider que je vais le faire. Par contre, il faut que je change le nom du blog parce que dans deux jours je n'aurai plus 26 ans. Si vous avez des suggestions dites-les-moi !
In non-running news Elisha had a rave for her birthday in August. I created an alter-ego, Candy, for the occasion. Franck nearly introduced himself to me before realizing who I was. I don't know if I'd say blondes have more fun, but they definitely do have some fun.
Au mois d'aout Elisha a fait une rave party pour son anniversaire. J'ai cree Candy, mon alter ego, pour l'occasion. Franck a failli se presenter a moi avant de se rendre compte que c'etait moi.
Candy, Momo & Martha
Fab four: Karlie, Jenny, Lish and Candy
In September I ran the Run the 9 Mile and it was a great race! There weren't very many participants (you all should consider doing it this year!) but it was a gorgeous run with cookies from the Pearl Cafe at the finish line and really great volunteers. Here we are at the finish line (Pierre, Anna, Franck, me):
Au mois de septembre on a couru le "Run the 9 Mile" dans un village a cote de Missoula. C'etait vachement bien ! Il n'y avait pas beaucoup de coureurs, mais la course etait tres belle ! Nous voici a la ligne d'arrivee avec Pierre, Anna, Franck et moi:
Then in October Elisha, Carlie and I ran the All Women's Run. In my last post I mentioned a special shirt I'd be wearing. It read "This is What a Feminist Looks Like" (thank you, Martha for giving that t-shirt to me last year). I did, however, forget my camera on that one and there wasn't much of a reaction anyway. I still hate the whole Diva Day thing. Who's with me on that?
En octobre j'ai couru la course pour les femmes avec Elisha et Carlie, mais j'ai oublie mon appareil-photo.
November brought the event I had been waiting for since the summer - the Seattle Marathon! A couple things about that experience:
- I set out to run one marathon in 2010 and ended up running two (awesome!)
- It is definitely harder to train by yourself (but still totally worth it in the end).
- Running a marathon is the best way to visit a city. I got to see parts of Seattle that you'd never visit on foot under normal circumstances.
- After the marathon we went to Harry Potter 7.1. I believe this combo (run a marathon/watch HP) makes for a pretty perfect day.
Puis en novembre j'ai fait le marathon de Seattle ! Voici quelques petites pensees sur cette course:
- Je voulais faire un marathon en 2010 et j'ai fini par en faire deux :)
- C'est vachement plus difficile de s'entrainer toute seule mais ca vaut le coup quand meme
- La meilleure facon de visiter une ville est d'y courir un marathon. J'ai vu des endroits a Seattle que je n'aurais jamais pu visiter a pied si ce n'etait pas pour le marathon.
- Apres le marathon on est alle voir Harry Potter 7.1. Je trouve que cette combinaison (marathon/HP) est parfaite.
The homestretch! La derniere ligne droite !
Okay, so Eric (Anna's brother) hadn't been planning on running the Seattle Marathon. He hadn't been training. He found out literally a couple days prior to the race that he could run in Josh's place if he wanted to. So he just showed up and ran it. WTF!!! :) Very impressive.
Eric, le frere d'Anna, n'avait pas prevu de courir le marathon de Seattle cette annee. Il ne s'est pas entraine pour le faire. Il a appris quelques jours avant le marathon qu'il pouvait courir a la place de Josh s'il voulait, et donc il est alle a Seattle et l'a fait. C'est fou mais genial !
In December we had a different kind of Christmas. We stayed in Missoula but my mom and Dana went to Florida and none of my siblings were in town, so we had a sort of "misfits" Christmas at our place. Franck and Pierre cooked up a French storm and Eric brought fresh oysters from Bellingham. It was delicious!
Au mois de decembre on a passe un Noel pas comme les autres. Nous sommes restes a Missoula mais ma mere et son mari sont partis en Floride et mes freres et soeur ne sont pas venus a Missoula. On a donc fait Noel avec nos copains qui n'avaient pas de famille a Missoula non plus. Franck et Pierre nous ont fait un Noel a la francaise et Eric nous a amene des huitres de Bellingham (au nord de Seattle et donc sur la cote Pacifique). C'etait delicieux !
Our chefs, Pierre and Franck. Nos cuistos Pierre et Franck.
In other news Fiona found a few boxes to curl up in. Fiona continue a trouver des cartons dans lesquels elle peut se coucher :
And that wraps up 2010! It was a great year for running, as well as for friends, family and travels. So far 2011 has been off to a pretty good start. Franck left in February to spend the semester abroad in Salamanca. It's a bit weird without him here but it will be a great experience for him and by the end of it his Spanish is going to be really good! I don't have any pictures of his trip but he posted some on facebook if you haven't already checked them out. Then on February 20 my brother Chuck and sister-in-law Cari became parents, making me an aunt for the third time (but first time on my side of the family). Peter Charles is the newest (and arguably the cutest) addition to our family!
Et voila pour 2010 ! C'etait une bonne annee pour la course, les copains, la famille et les voyages. Et 2011 a bien commence. Debut fevrier Franck est parti passer un semestre a Salamanca. C'est bizarre a Missoula sans lui, mais ca va etre une experience vraiment geniale pour lui et pour son espagnol. Si vous voulez voir des photos de Franck en Espagne vous pouvez consulter son facebook. Puis le 20 fevrier mon frere Chuck et sa femme Cari sont devenus parents ! C'est la troisieme fois que je deviens tata, mais c'est la premiere fois du cote de ma famille. Voici Peter Charles, le nouveau membre de notre famille !



No comments:
Post a Comment