The River City Roots Run has been a tradition for me these last four years. In fact, it was my very first race back in 2007. That was the first time I felt the exhilaration and thrill of accomplishment that comes with a race and I have (obviously) been hooked ever since. You can thus imagine my delight when my good friend Tonya decided to jump on board this year and tackle the Roots Run as her very first race. Although I usually race alone, I ended up running the race with her and had a great time. It was awesome to share in her accomplishment of running the entire way and crossing the finish line shirtless and yelling "I ran the whole way!" Unfortunately I forgot to charge the battery of my camera so I don't have any photos, but we will make sure that never happens again!
The Roots Run was my first race since the marathon and I've got a few more lined up:
9/18 I'm doing the Run the Nine Mile, a 9.8 race, with Franck and Anna. (http://www.ninemilecommunitycenter.com/)
10/2 Tonya and I (and perhaps others?) are doing the All Women's 5K, which has unfortunately been re-dubbed the "Diva Day" race. This race makes me so angry because of the new name and the whole "be a diva for a day" nonsense that last year I swore it off. But instead of not going, Tonya and I have decided to participate anyway sporting a few choice T-shirts (pictures will be forthcoming - I don't want to give away the surprise!). (http://www.runwildmissoula.org/index.php/ID/08b83813/race/Missoula-All-Women-s-5K/fuseaction/rwm.clubRaces.htm)
And last but certainly not least...the Seattle Marathon on November 28! Franck is planning on doing the marathon and Elisha and Anna are going to do the half. I think I will shoot for the full marathon, as this will be my last chance to get in another 26 for 26 before my birthday. So, needless to say, I am back in full training mode!
If you click on the link to the All Women's 5K you'll note that I am in the background of the picture they have up! The picture is from 2008.
ReplyDelete