Post-marathon I did a little running, but I mostly spent the rest of my time enjoying the summer. We went floating a number of times and had lots of visitors come to Missoula. One of the main highlights of the second half of the summer was Paul and Michelle's visit. The whole family went to Yellowstone, where I rode a horse for the very first time. Later during their stay Paul, Michelle, Franck and I went up almost to the Canadian border to stay overnight at Webb Mountain Lookout, located outside of Eureka, MT. That was amazing! I highly recommend staying in a lookout! (Go to http://www.recreation.gov/homeLeft.do?topTabIndex=CampingSpot to find one.) I've chosen a few pictures to illustrate the summer's activities.
************************
Après le marathon j’ai couru un peu, mais j’ai passé la plupart de mon temps à profiter de la fin de l’été. Nous sommes allés plusieurs fois faire la descente de la rivière en bouée et nous avons reçu pas mal de famille et d’amis chez nous. Mon frère Paul et sa femme Michelle sont venus nous rendre visite au mois d’août et toute la famille est partie à Yellowstone. Là-bas je suis montée à cheval pour la toute première fois ! Après Yellowstone Paul, Michelle, Franck et moi sommes allés passer la nuit dans une ancienne tour d’observation pour les incendies de forêt. La tour (qui s’appelle Webb Mountain Lookout) se situe près de la ville d’Eureka tout au nord du Montana à côté de la frontière canadienne. C’était magnifique ! Je joins ci-dessous quelques photos de nos aventures estivales.
Manny moved back east! :( We miss you, Mannytime!
Carlie & Dean got hitched!
Carlie & Dean's wedding was at the beautiful Holland Lake.
Kratzy Pants and Clint also got married!
We had a great time at Jenny & Clint's wedding!
We saw a double rainbow all the way across the sky in Yellowstone!
Week-long road trip!
Yellowstone
Artist Point
The fam at Yellowstone.
Bacteria stuff.
Our horse riding adventure!
L to R: me, Paul, Michelle, Franck, Robbie
Webb Mountain Lookout!
Trying to recreate a Forest Service photo.
We really felt like we were on top of the world.
We woke up above the clouds!
Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment