Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Reflections on my First Marathon

It's hard to believe that it's been over a month since I ran the Missoula Marathon. And what can I say about the marathon? It was a truly great experience. From what I've been told I had a huge smile on my face the whole time. I ran the whole thing. I finished in one piece and in under five hours (my goal). I burst into tears hugging Elisha at the finish line. It seems like I should have a lot more words than that to describe and explain my experience, but I don't. The experience was somewhat beyond words. You'll just have to run one, too, to see what I mean.


****************************


J’ai du mal à croire que ça fait plus d’un mois depuis que j’ai fait le marathon de Missoula. Que dire du marathon ? C’était vraiment extraordinaire. D’après ce qu’on m’a dit j’avais un grand sourire tout au long de la course. J’ai tout fait en courant. Je l’ai fini en moins de cinq heures (mon but). J’ai pleuré à la fin quand j’ai vu Elisha. Peut-être que je devrais pouvoir en dire plus pour expliquer mon expérience mais en fait je n’y arrive pas. Il n’y a pas de mots. Il faut en faire un pour voir ce que je veux dire.

I was super jazzed to finish. 
Les derniers mètres



With Franck at the finish line. 




The guys did the marathon relay. Les mecs ont fait le relais.




26 for 26




Three happy finishers!

No comments:

Post a Comment