Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Good Morning, Missoula!

Elisha and I have recently taken to running and working out in the morning. I am not a morning person at all, but after trying it out I can't think of many better ways to start my morning. The gym is so much emptier at 7:00 a.m. and everyone that's there is just trying to get their work-out in before their first class, as opposed to the afternoon folks who spend as much time checking everyone out as actually working out. And so far there's been no sign of the Terminator.

On another note, I recently signed up for a run that I'm reeeeaaally excited about. It's the "Mountain to Meadow" half marathon at Lolo Pass. The woman who was working at Runner's Edge when I signed up told me that runners from last year said it should actually be called the "Mountain to Mountain to Mountain" run. That makes me a little nervous, but overall I'm really looking forward to doing a more challenging half marathon that's almost exclusively on trails in the forest. Plus, it's not until June 26, two weeks before the marathon, so I should be more than prepared. If you're interested in this race you can find out more at: http://www.discovernw.org/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FUNRUN2009.

To finish, I wanted to share my newest play list here (scroll down past the French part). If you have any songs that you like to listen to when you work out don't hesitate to add them in the commentary. I'm always looking for new running songs.

************

La semaine dernière Elisha et moi avons commencé à faire notre entrainement le matin (au lieu de l’après-midi ou le midi). Je ne suis vraiment pas du matin, mais après quelques essais je suis complètement convaincue. Il y a tellement moins de monde à la gym à 7h00 et ceux qui sont là veulent seulement faire du sport avant leur premier cours, contrairement à certains dans l’après-midi qui matent les gens autant qu’ils font du sport. Et pour l’instant nous n’avons pas revu le Terminator.

Sinon je me suis inscrite à un semi-marathon auquel j’attends avec impatience. Ça s’appelle la course « de la montagne au pré ». Quand je m’y suis inscrite on m’a dit que les gens qui l’ont fait l’année dernière l’appellent la course « de la montagne à la montagne à la montagne ». Ça me fait un peu peur, mais dans l’ensemble j’ai très hâte de faire un semi-marathon un peu plus difficile et qui a lieu sur des chemins dans la forêt. De plus, la course a lieu le 26 juin, soit deux semaines avant le marathon, alors d’ici-là je serai prête.

Pour finir j’ai préparé une nouvelle liste de lecture pour mon iPod que je voulais partager avec vous. Si vous avez des chansons que vous aimez écouter en faisant du sport, n’hésitez pas à les rajouter dans les commentaires !

Pump It, Black Eyed Peas
Un, Dos, Tres Nada Mas, Exils Soundtrack (not sure who artist is)
Paparazzi, Lady Gaga
Beautiful, Dirty, Rich, Lady Gaga
Bad Romance, Lady Gaga
Hips Don't Lie, Shakira feat. Wyclef Jean
Party in the U.S.A., Miley Cyrus (specially for Meagan)
Big Pimpin', Jay-Z & UGK
Supermassive Black Hole, Muse
Electric Feel, MGMT
Starstruck, Lady Gaga
Everything is Everything, Lauryn Hill
Monster, Lady Gaga

2 comments: